Navigating the Complexities of State and Local Taxes
In an ever changing economy, companies find themselves ill prepared to deal with the complexity of state and local taxes as they expand beyond the familiarities of their home state. The constant search for new sources of revenue as states and municipalities try to solve the problems of underfunded pensions and deteriorating infrastructure makes tax preparation complex for even the most attentive business owner.
To survive and prosper in today’s world clients should not underestimate the potential savings gained through state and local tax planning. We take a proactive role to help ensure that our clients’ companies are in compliance with state and local tax laws and regulations and that they have benefited from all planning opportunities available to them.
SALT Planning and Compliance Services
- Analysis of multistate activities to minimize state tax exposure – Evaluation to determine if a company is subject to tax in a state and what can be done to minimize it. Physical presence is only one of many items that have to be considered.
- Sales and use tax liability – Assistance in determining potential liabilities, compliance requirements, audit defense and negotiated settlements.
- Income and franchise tax compliance – Analysis of multistate compliance, apportionment, planning and audit defense.
- Credit and incentive utilization review and planning – Investigation and evaluation of available incentive based programs.
- Business property tax compliance – Analysis and preparation of required ad valorem returns.
Don’t fall victim to the complexities of SALT. Get expert assistance with planning and preparation in every state of business operation by consulting one of our tax professionals.
For more information on how we can address your business tax needs, contact one of our specialists.